Our Service allows a user to create a 'group' and then invite people, such as their family, to join the group. The mobile app lets you share information, which includes personal information such as your location, with people in a group.
Registration and profile information.
When you register with our mobile app we ask your permission for us to collect
a unique device identifier; necessary to distinguish your device from other
users. At registration we do NOT ask for or collect your name, address, phone
number or email.
When you create and/or join a group you will be asked to enter a username (the username is to allow people in the group to know who you are and it does not need to be your first name or last name), and optionally you can choose to add personal information, such as your mobile phone number and email address (the purpose is if you want to help people in the group to be able to call or contact you via this mobile app). You can choose to have a photo associated with your profile to help other people in the group to know who you are; especially useful for people who have difficulty reading small text on their device screen.
We may collect additional information from a parent in order to obtain verifiable parental consent to allow a child to use our Service. We may also collect billing information when you sign up for paid service.
Geolocation. When you use our
location-enabled Service, we collect and process information about your unique
device identifier and your location through GPS, Wi-Fi, or wireless network
triangulation. We collect the location of your designated “Places” to provide
events and alerts when group members arrive and leave and it offers fast access
to SatNav for travelling to a “Place”. We maintain
location information only so long as is reasonable to provide our Service and
then destroy the location data.
The mobile app lets you switch geolocation data collection on/off; refer section “Your choices and consent.”
· Messages and User Content. We collect information (text and/or photo) when you post a message in a group; everyone in a group can see every message. We may also retain any messages you send to us. When you contact us, we may keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
Contact and Web lists. The
Service allows you to add names, phone numbers, emails and web addresses in a
list. The purpose of the Contact list feature is to enable you to organise and
keep up-to-date a small number of important family contacts and to share with
people in your private group; other group members will typically have the
contact information already on their phone but perhaps in a less organised or
less accessible screen.
Please make sure to include only information that you obtained lawfully. It is your legal responsibility to respect the privacy of your contacts and obtain their consent before sharing their information with anyone who does not already have it. If you have concerns regarding any information please ask the group owner or administrator to edit or delete the information. And if necessary please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Social Media. Our mobile apps
have no interaction, no data collection, and no data sharing with social media
When you interact with us on social media, such as when you Like us on Facebook or post a comment to our Facebook page, we may receive information from the social network such as your profile information, profile picture, gender, user name, user ID associated with your social media account, age range, language, country, friends list, and any other information you permit the social network to share with third parties. The data we receive is dependent upon your privacy settings with the social network. You should always review, and if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and services before linking or connecting them to our website or Service.
· Information we collect automatically through the use of technology. We may collect information about the services that you use and how you use them. This information includes:
Device information. We may
collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating
system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
The Service does not read or collect your device phone number; you can choose to enter a mobile number with your profile but we do not verify the number you enter with the device number.
o Log information. When you use our services, we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This may include: details of how you used our service; and device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, and the date and time of your request.
o Sensor information. When you use our services, we may collect and process information about your mobile device sensors: (i) battery percentage, charge status and temperature; (ii) motion sensor accelerometer and gyroscope for physical movement, such as picking up the device, or orientation, such as determining if the device is lying flat face-up or face-down; (iii) Wi-Fi network connection details; (iv) cellular network connection details; (v) whether the device screen is on or off; and (vi) signal to signify your mobile device is switched on and our app is running. We maintain device sensor information only so long as is reasonable to provide our service and then destroy the device sensor data.
o Unique application numbers. Certain services include a unique application number. This number and information about your installation (for example, the operating system type and application version number) may be sent to us when you install or uninstall that service or when that service periodically contacts our servers, such as for automatic updates.
o Local storage. We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using application data caches.
· Show information, that includes track your location and movements, to people in your group(s); refer section “Sharing of your information”
· Remember information so you will not have to re-enter it when you go to our mobile app
· Provide, maintain, protect and improve our Services, to develop new ones, and to protect us and our users
· Diagnose or fix technology problems reported by our users or engineers and automatically update our mobile app on your device(s)
· We may process personal information on servers in countries around the world. We may process your personal information on a server located outside the country where you live.
We share your information with your group members. We share your information, including username, device sensors states (e.g., battery, motion & orientation and signal strength) and location, with members in your group(s). The mobile app lets you choose whether to share your location and various device sensor events (called “story” events) with members in your group(s); refer section “Your choices and consent”
We may share your personal information with third parties outside the Company and its controlled subsidiaries and affiliates in some circumstances, including:
· We may share your personal information with our consultants, third-party business partners and vendors who perform services for us or who help us provide our Services, such as accounting, managerial, technical, marketing or analytic services.
· With customer administrators. If your access is managed for you by a customer administrator then they will have access to your information (including your email and other data). Your customer administrator may be able to: view statistics regarding your account, like statistics regarding applications usage; change your account password; suspend or terminate your account access; access or retain information stored as part of your account; receive your account information in order to satisfy applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request; restrict your ability to delete or edit information or privacy settings.
· Any information you voluntarily post to our Facebook page or website will automatically be available to the public. We may publicly post your reviews and comments online on our website or mobile app, or link your reviews to third party websites.
· We may at any time buy or sell/divest the company, or any combination of its products, services, assets and/or businesses. Personal information such as customer names and email addresses, and other user information related to the Service will likely be one of the items transferred in these types of transactions. We may also share, transfer or assign such information in the course of corporate divestitures, mergers, acquisitions, bankruptcies, dissolutions or similar transactions or proceedings
· We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.
Except as described above, we will not disclose
personal information to third parties (including law enforcement, other
government entity, or civil litigant; excluding our subcontractors) unless required by Law or as
Necessary to Protect Our Services. There may be instances when
we disclose your information to other parties: - to comply with the law or
respond to compulsory legal process (such as a search warrant or other court
- to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing our Services; and
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of Levstone, or any of our respective affiliates, business partners, or customers.
We work hard to protect our company and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular: we encrypt or scramble data for many of our services; we review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
However, no security system is impenetrable and we cannot guarantee the security of our systems 100%. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
You may, of course, decline to submit any personal information through the Service, in which case we may not be able to provide its Services to you.
· Modifying Your Personal Information and Settings. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request. You may modify your account information, update or amend your personal information, or change your password/PIN with our mobile app.
· Username, telephone, email, photo. You can edit your username and edit/delete your telephone, email or photo in the mobile app for each group you belong to. For example, select Group - Me - “Edit”
o You can turn geolocation data collection on/off in the mobile app, swipe right to display the Permission Menu and tick/untick “Location Consent”.
o You can control whether members in a group can see your location data by switching geolocation sharing on/off in the mobile app, for example from Group - Me - Share Data dialog and tick/untick “location tracking” or “place status and events”, this can be selected individually for each group you belong to.
o If you switch off “Location Consent” in the mobile app or set the app location permission off in device settings (for example, Settings - App permissions - “Location services DENY”) then the Service does not know your location and so cannot show your location to users in a group; even for conditions such as if you ever press the SOS panic button.
o Some of our mobile apps have an 'alert conditional sharing' feature for a user to choose on/off. It means the app does not share your location information with members in a group unless a specified condition occurs. For example, if you choose a “Go to Place” and enter a “latest arrival time” and then you do not arrive at this place by the specified time, or you choose a “Place” and enter a “latest departure time” and then you remain in this place by the specified time, or your phone loses connection (phone switched-off, phone broken, phone lost signal,...). If an alert condition occurs and you have selected “conditional sharing” the Service will automatically switch location sharing on to allow group members to see your location.
o App Startup PIN The mobile app has an optional “App Startup PIN” feature. You can choose to share your PIN with other members in a group (useful for family members who may be forgetful) by opening the group’s ‘Share Data’ dialog and tick/untick the “app access PIN code”. If a member is using an “App Startup PIN” it means that if their phone device is lost or misplaced then it will not be possible for another person to open the app and view your family member locations without the PIN.
Minimum personal information.
To register we need to collect a single unique device identifier; essential so
we do not confuse your device with another user’s device. To Create/Join a
group you need to enter a username; that is your choice and does not need to be
your real first or last name.
You do not need to enter you mobile phone or email or address or photo and you can choose to select “Collect location” off. In these circumstances you will be able to see other people in your groups subject to these people choosing in their mobile app to share their location information.
· You can also stop receiving promotional digital (email, text, alerts) communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications. We make every effort to promptly process all unsubscribe requests.
· If you are under 16 years old and live in a country in the European Region, or you are under 13 years old and live in any other country except those in the European Region, or if you are not old enough to have authority to agree to our Terms in your country, your parent or guardian must agree to our Terms on your behalf.
· Our Service allows parents to keep track of their children’s location on mobile devices that the parent has added to their private family group. The Service is intended to be used by children under 16 only with significant parental involvement and approval. If a parent wishes to add their child who is under 16 to their family group, the parent must first complete the Parental Consent Form and return it by mail or email. If you believe that we might have inadvertently collected information from a child under 16 without parental consent, please contact us at support@Levstone.com.
· Child lock Some of our mobile apps have a “Child Lock” feature that lets a parent or guardian setup a unique PIN that must be entered before a user can Create and/or Join a group; the purpose is to ensure a child can only connect with and share personal information with people that a parent or guardian are aware of and have agreed to.
· We do not require a child to disclose more information than is reasonably necessary to participate in a private family group. Our mobile app enables you to add or remove your child, and other members, from your family private group. If you wish us to delete all your child’s information, please contact us at support@Levstone.com.
Copyright© 1996-2018 LEVSTONE LIMITED All Rights Reserved.